Changing for the better, one bite and (deep) breath at a time.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Visit to Earthbound Farms

On our trip to Carmel a few weeks ago, we stopped by Earthbound Farms Farm Stand Market and Organic Cafe.  This farm stand is located just down the road from the 2.5-acre backyard farm that started Earthbound Farm's entire enterprise.  I thought I had heard of Earthbound Farms before, but it wasn't until I saw the label on their products did I realize that I often buy their spinach and salad greens at Whole Foods or other grocery stores.


Look familiar?  I was even more excited to see where my favorite baby spinach was grown!

The Farm Stand Market and Organic Cafe was the 3rd certified organic kitchen in the entire U.S.  They have awesome produce grown on their own farms, plus flowers, meats, frozen and canned products, and baked goods, all organic.   









I saw this Happy Girl Kitchen Company while driving through Pacific Grove on our way home from the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  Turns out the Farm Stand sells their marmelade, too.  I just love the name.  How can you not smile?



Despite being super pregnant-nauseous, I loved checking out the beautiful produce.







Even frozen organic products!



Look at this!  Yum!



Organic salad bar.  Fantastic.

We definitely bought some of their famous carrot cake to take home for our 4th of July celebration.

Too bad we had just eaten lunch!  This looked awesome.

I've always had a thing for dried flowers.

Walking back to the car...wouldn't this be cool as your backdrop during the work week?

Bye Earthbound!

*M*




1 comment:

  1. I loved these pictures! Made me want to start eating rhubarb! Ages ago when we would travel to Heritage House Bed & Breakfast in Mendocino County they would serve rhubarb in a sweet sauce for breakfast. It was such a treat! Nature provides us with such colorful foods! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete