Changing for the better, one bite and (deep) breath at a time.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Guest Blogger: Brown Rice Penne Bake with Chicken Sausage


I am so thrilled and honored to be doing a guest post for my fabulous sister’s blog.  I am not what you would call a Chopped champion, Iron Chef, or Julia Child; therefore, I was very hesitant to try out a new recipe, all the while taking photos and pretending I know what I am doing.  Luckily, I was able to find a very simple recipe on Pinterest (inspired by this Real Mom Kitchen recipe), which I changed a little bit to make more Nutrition Transitions friendly :)
If you are looking for a quick, simple, hearty, delicious, Italian, somewhat rich, amazing, drool-worthy recipe…then this is definitely it! 
Here are the ingredients you will need to whip up this decadent dish:
1 bag of Organic Brown Rice Penne Pasta
1 jar of Alfredo Sauce (15 oz)
1 jar of Organic Marinara Sauce (26 oz)
2 cups of shredded Organic Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
4 Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausages (precooked)
Instructions:
 
(I purchased all of my ingredients from Trader Joe’s, I love the one-stop-shopping and of course 3 buck chuck.)
Cook brown rice pasta according to directions and drain.  Mix the sauces together in a large bowl.

 
Add the mozzarella to the sauces and stir to combine, then throw (not literally) in the penne and toss to coat.

 
Pour pasta into 9x13 baking dish then add the sliced chicken sausage.  Cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese, then bake for another 5 minutes. 

 
My happy (and salivating) helpers:


I paired the main dish with a side salad and some delicious roasted garlic and thyme bread (and duh, 3 buck chuck) and my husband LOVED it!!  It makes more than enough for 2 so we will be having leftovers for days...oh darn. 

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment