Changing for the better, one bite and (deep) breath at a time.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Jess Reflects on her Clean Program Experience

My pretty little sister!

I am writing to you 4 days after my Clean Program experience has ended and all I can say is I am really full! Ha! I have to admit I have not held back with eating my favorite meals and treating myself to what I once thought was my life-saving Starbucks lattes. Unfortunately, my body has not responded in a very positive way with all my post-cleanse indulgences! Some of the foods and drinks I used to really enjoy do not necessarily satisfy me as much anymore, and I have been getting an uncomfortably full feeling if I don't eat a well-rounded, healthy and smaller meal.

I definitely do not crave the shakes for dinner but if I eat something that is heavy or too late before I go to bed, I don't sleep well and I feel really tired the next morning. During the Clean Program I did not feel like I was having life-altering changes (besides weight loss) and overall I was not impressed. However, now that I am able to eat and drink whatever I want I have found out that I am not really interested in making the same decisions as before. My body made subtle changes that I wasn't aware of and it completely changed my taste buds and appetite. I am craving more fruits and vegetables (which I snack on a lot during work), and I am drinking a ton of water throughout the day to stay really hydrated. Also, if my Day 22 happy hour experience taught me anything, drinking a glass of wine during the week is not the best idea because it makes me dehydrated and un-motivated to get up the next morning. As much as I don't like to admit it (especially to Megan), I am extremely happy I went through this experience and I know it will forever change my relationship with food. To anyone struggling with allergies, inflammation, bad skin, weight issues, and lack of sleep, this program is definitely worth trying!

Hammer out, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment