Changing for the better, one bite and (deep) breath at a time.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October Pumpkin Series: Paleo Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkin bread - gluten-free, Paleo, and vegan (depending on what you consider honey).  Looks delicious!  

*****************

From Kelsey:

I am so excited to share with you all one of my favorite pumpkin bread recipes. I am always interested in trying different Paleo recipes because this type of diet is fascinaing to me. I have never fully been Paleo, but I have been gluten free for a month having tried it during a previous internship I had, and I definitely benefited from it physically. I had more energy, my skin was clearer and my overall health was better. Since going gluten free, I have basically white and wheat flour from my diet. Instead, I choose flours such as almond, coconut and oat. It is fun experimenting with all the different options out there so I encourage everyone to try it!


While perusing through Facebook, I came across this amazing recipe from Megsvegucation. This recipe instantly caught my attention with the fact that it was gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and Paleo. It also states that it is mostly vegan. I knew that this was something I had to try. I made it and everyone loved it. It makes me extremely happy when I can make healthier options for my family to enjoy. The fact that it is pumpkin is an added bonus! I plan on making as many pumpkin recipes as I can this season.

Hope everyone enjoys this marvelous pumpkin bread as much as I did!

Paleo Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients:
2/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or ginger, nutmeg, etc. will also do)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
2-3 small very ripened bananas
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup almond milk
1/2 cup nuts or raisins (optional, I sprinkled some walnuts on top)

Instructions:

Assemble ingredients.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine dry ingredient (coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice).


Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl (pumpkin, bananas, honey, vanilla, almond milk) and mix until smooth.





Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.



Spray pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.

Pour bread into bread pan and sprinkle walnuts (if desired) on top.



Cook bread 45 minutes (mine took approximately 35 minutes).




Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment