Changing for the better, one bite and (deep) breath at a time.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Roasted Spiced Chickpeas

This is an easy snack recipe that is full of fiber and protein and adds a little spice to your afternoon (or breakfast?).  I had wanted to make it ever since I saw it in an issue of Whole Living (my favorite magazine), and when my sister sent me the recipe I remembered how awesome it looked.  The recipe below is inspired from the original.

The best part?  It's super easy.  Oh, and I couldn't get my husband to stop eating them, so they pass the test.

Ingredients:

One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (try Fig brand or Eden Organics)
1 T. vegetable oil (I used melted pasture butter, but grapeseed oil would work)
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground hot paprika
1/4 tsp. ground garlic (optional)
1/2 tsp. sea salt

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425.  Toss chickpeas with oil/butter and spices until evenly coated.  




Spread on a rimmed baking sheet.  Roast, shaking pan occasionally, until chickpeas are golden and crunchy, about 30 minutes. 



Let cool completely.  Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.

Enjoy!

*M*

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU! I went to a Greek place and they had these and I am obsessed. Can't wait to make them :)

    ReplyDelete