Changing for the better, one bite and (deep) breath at a time.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Speedy Supper #1 - Red Curry-glazed Salmon

I've been trying to simply many parts of my life lately, including my cooking life. ("Trying" is the key word...) While traveling for work, I came across a really interesting article in Real Simple magazine that showcased 3-ingredient recipes. It seemed to fit my "less is more" mantra as of late and gave me an idea for a blog series: Speedy Suppers!

Most of my clients like to cook and even have a few fun recipes up their sleeves; they just struggle finding the time to make tasty, healthy meals for themselves and their families. I wanted to showcase a few recipes that are extremely simple yet flavorful for even the most pressed-for-time cook. (Note: the magazine article I snagged these from considers olive oil, salt, and pepper as "freebies" and doesn't consider them part of the 3 ingredients. I adapted the recipes slightly to accommodate my ingredient preferences.)

This first Speedy Supper features Real Simple's Red Curry-glazed Salmon. I served it with a homemade salad of mixed beans, chopped onion, avocado, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.

Red Curry-glazed Salmon

Ingredients:
4 5-oz pieces salmon filet (or 2 larger pieces, shown here)
1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
1 tablespoon canola oil (I avoid canola so used sesame oil or coconut oil)
1 teaspoon light brown sugar (I used honey)
Sea salt and black pepper

Instructions:



Heat broiler. Place the salmon on a foil-lined broilerproof baking sheet.




In a small bowl, mix together the curry paste, oil, sugar (honey), 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.











Dividing evenly, brush the salmon with the curry paste mixture.





Broil until salmon is opaque throughout, 5-7 minutes. Serve with a big salad or mixed veggies.





My favorite part? Leftovers for lunch the next day!


Enjoy - with less stress and more time!
*M*





No comments:

Post a Comment